Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Friends and a Lesson Learned

This is Debbi and Dave (with Denise) who are from Texas and visiting Uruguay on a "scouting" trip. Having read about Uruguay from International Living's writings, they decided to take a trip down here and see for themselves what it's all about.

Now here is the funny thing. They googled "retire...Uruguay..." and eventually found my blog (can you believe that I am being read by someone who doesn't know me?). Intrigued by what they read, we arranged to meet and spend the day with them, showing them some of the offerings of Marindia, Atlantida and La Floresta. They immediately loved La Floresta (as we knew they would). Tomorrow they head up to Punta del Este and return home on Saturday.

We took them by Tienda Inglesa (probably the finest market chain in UY) and while picking up some lovely wines for a couple of bucks each and salami and bread for dinner- we saw this loaf, which would be sliced thin for sandwiches or something else. This is something you don't see often, and notice the obligatory egg.



We are on the lookout for a tile/concrete worker. Meanwhile, I have strapped on my toolbelt and will take on some of the small jobs myself. Someday I plan to retire.

No comments: