Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Historic Moment

I have to post a picture of me with my sister and Dad. I post this, because there has never been a time when all of us have been together, attending a Memorial (like Denise described in her last post). Of course, my sister and I have attended regularly for many year. But Dad- never!

We were able to find a suit that Dad has purchased years ago and had worn infrequently. I convinced him that golf pants and cap were not suitable. And, Dad conducted himself well, with only a few comments, which I tried to ignore. All-in-all, it was a great evening and one that Val and I will remember and Dad will never forget.

Too bad that Denise couldn't be here. That would have made it epic. But, at least we were "united, though apart".

On a more prosaic matter- I still haven't played golf. But Tuesday, we are supposed to play. I will report on that.

No comments: